Saturday, January 17, 2009

Carl Franklin

Carl Franklin is the co-host of dotnetrocks, as well as several other podcasts. He's a well-known figure in the dotnet community, coming in from the visual basic community before that. I remember hearing about him back in the day when I was rocking the VB.

Carl's also a fantastic musician, and his prowess at various conference jamfests is legendary. He took part in Codemash 2009's jamfest and definitely rocked the house.

I very much appreciate him taking the time to sit down with me and tell us his story. It is a great one, and he has some great advice for people getting into the field. His experience with the podcasting world has exposed him to a ton of different people, and this has definitely influenced the way he looks at things.

Enjoy!


Carl Franklin - How I Got Started In Programming from Corey Haines on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Carl is one of the most talented individuals I'm fortunate to know in my life. It's too bad our industry is no longer what it used to be... Enjoyed the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I've heard Carl for years on DNR, but I've never heard him like this. What a great interview.

    ReplyDelete